Import joomla users and users' custom fields

2 years 5 months ago #326894 by jabba84
Hello, i have a site with ~1000 users registered. I've always used joomla custom fields for my needs and they were fine by now. But now i would like to swap to Community Builder. Is there a way to import all joomla users and all theyr custom fields to brand new CB's custom fields?
Thanks!

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 5 months ago #326902 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Import joomla users and users' custom fields
Best way to do that is with the following.

1. Export your Joomla user data (e.g. could be custom phpmyadmin query that you export the results)
2. Format the data in a CSV compatible with CB (best way to do this is export a user in CB > User Management to see the structure)
3. Import your CSV in CB > User Management

The CSV lets you format your data however you need and map it to whatever field you need to map it to. We don't have a tool for easily moving the data over. The user synchronization built into CB only synchronizes core user data and not Joomla profile data.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 5 months ago #326903 by jabba84
Replied by jabba84 on topic Import joomla users and users' custom fields
Ok thanks. Do i have to erase the users db between the export and the import? The import must be done in a brand new users table or it just match the joomla users with CB users (with email/username i guess).
Thanks

WebMaster & JoomlaLover @ www.pixed.it

2 years 5 months ago #326907 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Import joomla users and users' custom fields
First synchronize your users using CB > Tools > Synchronize Users. You do not need to have a clean database. CBs import can be used as a mass-update as well and override existing rows, but it's important your import CSV file has an "id" column with their Joomla user id in it for it to do this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn