How to "embed" an avatar in the mass mail as opposed to via a URL Reference

1 year 3 months ago #332290 by RobWilkinson
Unfortunately IOS 16.2 mail does not like URL reference downloads. Is there a way to embed the avatar instead of only a URL reference? This then ensures the recipient actually sees it.
Regards,
Rob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #332306 by krileon
No, that'd require converting the image into raw data and sending the raw data string. I can't see why that'd be necessary. Image URLs should work fine. You probably have a setting in your mail client that prevents initial image loading though.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #332314 by RobWilkinson
Hi Kyle:
Yes I thought that request might be stretching it a little but worth a try.
With respect to an image URL working with all email clients: You would think so wouldn't you? it works everywhere else except IOS. It works on Thunderbiird,, gmail, webmail but not on IOS. Like you,  I went thinking it was a load remote image setting. I researched it for a week and tried every setting known to man but all to no avail. You would think it might throw up the option to download at view time but it doesn't do that either. I think it imay be actually somehing in the content of either the URL or the data it doesn't like, 

I am begining to wonder if IOS has not sufffered a regression problem.

Anyway, thanks. I will keep researching. Who would have thought sending a an email could be so fraught with an error.

Regards,
Rob

1 year 3 months ago #332316 by krileon
There should be a "load remote content in messages" setting somewhere. That's almost always the culprit. Aside from that I don't know what to suggest. Could probably be a HTTPS issue. Is your site using HTTPS with a valid certificate? That tends to clear up a lot of external rendering issues as well since mail clients prefer secure connections.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #332318 by RobWilkinson
Hi Kyle:
Yes I have tried all manner of "load Remote Images"  settings all to no avail.
Yes the site has a valid https certificate.

The problem is demonstrably not Community Builder and so I appreciate your having taken the time.

I will try to resolve it another way.
Regards,
Rob
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn