FB Connect Plugin Doesn't Show Link Account Button

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153233 by sushantt
Greetings to the brilliant folks at Joomlapolis, I've been a long-time fan of Community Builder and absolutely love this beautifully designed system. I have installed CB 1.3.1 on my dev website and was exploring Twitter Connect and Facebook Connect plugins. However I found that as promised Twitter connect plugin displays a link account button when a on-site registered user signs in [and on subsequent logins the unlink button along with twitter signin button is displayed]. However, unlike what is mentioned in the Facebook Connect plugin docs, the FB Connect plugin continues to display the "Sign In" button even after login of onsite user, the "Link" button is not displayed. And on "Signing into" Facebook after site based login [by clicking the "Sign in" button], the plugin doesn't display an "Unlink" button nor is the FB account linked to the current user's account. I apologize if this issue has already been previously addressed and this a repost. My dev website is running on Lighttpd with PHP 5.3 and MySQL 5.0.47 on ArchLinux [Vitual Box config 256MB RAM, 10GB HDD].
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #153409 by krileon

However, unlike what is mentioned in the Facebook Connect plugin docs, the FB Connect plugin continues to display the "Sign In" button even after login of onsite user, the "Link" button is not displayed.

Working as intended. If the user did not sign in via the FBC button it will remain as Sign in. If the user that is logged in does not have FBC linked to their account they will not see the unlink button. You likely have 2 accounts at this point in time, 1 for FBC and 1 for twitter.

And on "Signing into" Facebook after site based login [by clicking the "Sign in" button], the plugin doesn't display an "Unlink" button nor is the FB account linked to the current user's account.

Is this with the user already logged into the site or not? If not how is the user logged into the site? They shouldn't be if FBC failed.

Please ensure you're using FBC 1.1 as well as it is latest. We'll soon be releasing FBC 1.2 and Twitter 1.1 to address many if not all of the known issues.

Please for future reference break up your post with linebreaks as it's a giant wall of text and thus just skimmed over your post. If you'd like a better analysis of your issue please reply with more details explaining your issue such as the exact steps to take to duplicate in a more well formatted post.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sushantt

13 years 1 month ago #153432 by sushantt
Hi Krileon,
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I was a bit short on the details there, I do have FBC 1.1 installed.

Is this with the user already logged into the site or not? If not how is the user logged into the site? They shouldn't be if FBC failed.

As you must have noticed in the attached snapshot and the problem description, the user is logged in via on-site login. In other terms the user clicked the login button in the login form and logged in using his site credentials instead of facebook credentials.

That being said, might I draw your attention to a certain paragraph in the documentation that came alongwith the FBC plugin [page 9/20 paragraph 2; please see attached snapshot]

So as stated in the documentation an already logged in user should see a FB-LINK button, which as shown in the snapshot attached with the previous post I am not seeing.
All I am seeing is a FB-Signin button not an account link button.

Please for future reference break up your post with linebreaks as it's a giant wall of text and thus just skimmed over your post. If you'd like a better analysis of your issue please reply with more details explaining your issue such as the exact steps to take to duplicate in a more well formatted post.

I really appreciate the metaphor and do hope that I have added enough line breaks for you to be able to read this post :lol: .

Thanks again,
Sushant
Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #153440 by krileon
The link button usage is gone in FBC 1.1 (as well planned release 1.2). The same will apply when Twitter 1.1 is released. Simply clicking Sign in will also link the user if possible. FBC 1.2 and Twitter 1.1 will also be updated with new documentation, sorry for the confusion.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sushantt

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn