[#2306] Subs1.1.2 +J1.6 "You cannot edit a `registered`."

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153513 by SurfCitySue
I get this error in CB 1.4 + CBSubs 1.1.2 + Joomla 1.6

"You cannot edit a `registered`. Only higher-level users have this power."

I am logged in as an Administrator (not Super User). I have enabled "Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles: Administrators and Super-Administrators only" and Moderator Groups will only let me select "Super User" (it will not keep any other setting).

I have also tried with the Super User account and get the same message.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153516 by SurfCitySue
Replied by SurfCitySue on topic Re: You cannot edit a `registered`.
The only setting that works is "Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles: Super-Administrators only" when logged in as a Super User account.

Again each time I try to save the setting Moderator Groups to anything other then Super Users it reverts back to Super Users (in other words, it does not save).

13 years 2 months ago #153535 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: You cannot edit a `registered`.
Was able to confirm and have created a bug ticket for the issue. I must say your testing has been much appreciated!

#2306 - forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2306

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SurfCitySue

13 years 2 months ago #153565 by SurfCitySue
Replied by SurfCitySue on topic Re: You cannot edit a `registered`.
Then can I get a Karma point? :)

I have a lot more testing of CS Subs with Joomla 1.6 to do, but I must understand the CB Fields and Tabs Protection Plugin Permission settings first. I will read the manual before I assume there is something wrong.

13 years 2 months ago #153578 by SurfCitySue
Applied patch to both files and uploaded to site.

Applied settings in CB configuration of:

"Moderator Groups: Administrators"
and
"Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles: CB Moderators and levels above"
and/or
"Administrators and Super-administrators only"

I still get the "You cannot edit a `registered`. Only higher-level users have this power." message when I click "Update User Profile" on a registered user from the front end.

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153579 by SurfCitySue
Just a thought here but, perhaps you can apply this to your error handler. A more precise error message might be...

"You cannot edit a user belonging to the `administrator` group. Moderators and Administrators cannot edit users belonging to groups of the same or higher level then their own. Contact the site's Administrator for further assistance."
The following user(s) said Thank You: cirbcibg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.894 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn