CBSubs Promotions do not work!

12 years 9 months ago #167466 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CBSubs Promotions do not work!
We were able to find a bug regarding the Promotion Start and Promotion End dates. If nothing is specified then the promotion will not function. Please for the time being set the year for the Start date to the earliest possible (e.g. 1904) and the End date to the latest possible (2123). This will allow the promotion to display and more or less be lifetime (it'll be fixed before that end date for sure).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #167488 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Re: CBSubs Promotions do not work!
@Krileon

Thanks for your quick help, your suggested solution works :-)

One question:
Is it possible to show the promotion terms in conjunction with the associated plans? It would be helpful for our sales to show the clients what discounts they can currently get ...

Regards,
Manfred

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #167538 by krileon
If you're using a Coupon Code then you can specify "Hinting description for possible coupon code to display below the coupon field in basket:" which supports HTML and substitutions. You could also add more text to "Name of promotion:". Aside from that the promotions don't display any sort of text or terms. That is something you typically add to the display of the promotion code. For example if you've a coupon code and you make a printable coupon you'd have the terms on that coupon.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #167548 by sentix
Replied by sentix on topic Re: CBSubs Promotions do not work!
That was not exactly what I meant.

If you have a plan for € 100,--/year and you have an automatic promotion of 50%, it would be nice for the user to see on the Upgrade list, where the plan is described, that a promotion is active. I can edit the plan description every time a add a promotion, but some sort of automatic promotion description before (!) the user chooses a plan would be great.

Maybe something for CB Subs 1.3 ;-)

Versions: CB 2.7.2, J 3.10.6

12 years 9 months ago #167565 by krileon
Promotions can't display in the descriptions of a plan for the same reason tax doesn't display in the price. None of the calculations are made until the user reaches the payment page. Once there before selecting a gateway at the top they will see their promotion price changes if any before selecting a gateway to pay through.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 9 months ago #167592 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: CBSubs Promotions do not work!

sentix wrote: That was not exactly what I meant.

If you have a plan for € 100,--/year and you have an automatic promotion of 50%, it would be nice for the user to see on the Upgrade list, where the plan is described, that a promotion is active. I can edit the plan description every time a add a promotion, but some sort of automatic promotion description before (!) the user chooses a plan would be great.

Maybe something for CB Subs 1.3 ;-)

It is something planed indeed, but no version assigned yet.

Kyle is right that promos are calculated same as taxes, on the basket. So they don't act yet when displaying a plan.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn