Edit Profile Tabs

12 years 10 months ago #167604 by clickmo
Edit Profile Tabs was created by clickmo
It seems to me like the tabs you get on the Edit User page never want to go away regardless of your wishes.

One tab is even completely and utterly blank (no fields, not even a title as it uses substitution for the title).

In the CB Configuration I have set the User Profile->Show Empty Tabs and User Profile->Show Empty fields both to no.

The front end is fine, everything hides as it should, the backend however, even with ACL set on a tab, it will still show on the edit screen.

Things that I have tried:
- Change the ACL to a different group which does not inherit any view permissions.
- Changed position to "not on profile"
- Modified Configuration->User Profile->Show Empty Tabs = no
- Modified Configuration->User Profile->Show Empty Fields = no (I have read some of the replies that said a tab won't hide unless it has no fields to display, so I set this to no as well to help it along.)

Any thoughts of what else can be done to make the tabs go away on the back end? When the users do "Edit Profile"?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #167695 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Edit Profile Tabs
To remove a tab from profile edit install CB Privacy. Once done set "Front-end edit:" to "No front-end edit at all for that tab". This will remove it completely from profile edit view.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #167796 by clickmo
Replied by clickmo on topic Re: Edit Profile Tabs
Awesome, that works.

I am hoping for a bit more customization to it though. Is it possible to hide them in front-end edit based off of ACL?

One tab needs to appear for administrators, but not for any other users. Using CB Privacy it seems to either show it or just completely hide it.

I noticed one of the options was "Front-end edit only by allowed moderators". Does that option specifically only work for the "Moderator" ACL group? Is there a way to specify another group?

12 years 9 months ago #167948 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Edit Profile Tabs

Is it possible to hide them in front-end edit based off of ACL?

No, you can hide from everyone or you can hide from everyone but moderators.

One tab needs to appear for administrators, but not for any other users. Using CB Privacy it seems to either show it or just completely hide it.

Simply set to "Front-end edit only by allowed moderators" to limit access to moderators.

I noticed one of the options was "Front-end edit only by allowed moderators". Does that option specifically only work for the "Moderator" ACL group? Is there a way to specify another group?

Moderators are the usergroups you specified as CB moderators within CB configuration, but no there's no way to specify anything else.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds