12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #173482 by wp.net
Hello everybody,
i use j1.7 and latest cb - works nice

i created a usergroups in j1.7
in joomla user management the user belong to this group

when i open a user in cb user management
the only user group that is shown is the public group

when i edit a field and try to save i get an error
"u can not change this user group for this user to a group that is not child of ..."

I dont want to change the user group - problem is that the j17 groups does not seem to be taken by cb

superuser group is shown corrrect in cb as special - all others are public

sorry 4 my poor English - tx 4 any help

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #173518 by krileon
CB 1.7 supports J1.7 default groups. If using Custom groups please ensure they are within the defaults. For example create your custom groups as child groups of "Registered" do not create groups outside of "Public" as CB nor Joomla knows what to do with them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #173538 by wp.net
tx for ur answer.
The user groups i created are child groups of regeistered users. but they aren't shown in cb usermanagement, wenn ic want to edit a user. Here only public is visible. Shall i send u admin account so u can check what i told u ?
productive site bu no secret data on it so far. so long Markus

12 years 9 months ago #173549 by krileon
Please ensure the administrator you're using does not have "Registered" AND "Super Users" (see CB > User Management). The administrator should only have "Super Users" usergroup. This is a recently found issue when an administrator has multiple usergroups and those groups being below the administrators top group. Please review the below screenshots for details.

Correct

Incorrect

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LoneRider, wp.net

12 years 9 months ago #173579 by wp.net
krileon,
that was a great answer and solved the prob, tx very much, i tried so many things before asking here. many hours. I wish u a great day. U know what u are talking about ;) Best from Munich - Markus

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn