Fields viewable case isMember / isBuddy / isConnec

12 years 5 months ago #180486 by gekko_505
Hello there

I remember having done a lil research on this 2 or 3 weeks ago.
The result was, that there is no way to controll that case from within the systems interface, and the only solution would be a CB-hack. But maybe i just didn't come across the better solution.

The task is simple:
Some fields in the profile should only be visible for users, to who a connection has scessfully been established.
If i rebenber right, the variable in the CB-user object is calles isBuddy, and the DB table in which those connections are stored is called "members".
In front- and backend related the mechanism is called "connection8(s)".

So my question is:
Is there a way to controll field-visiblility and to realise my due via CB-interface/backend - maybe with/if having CBSubs - and i just missed it,

or do i have to hack it up myself in the code ?

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #180498 by krileon
Your users can control field visibility by using CB Privacy and selecting what connection type or if they're connected at all for example. You can also control field visibility based off subscription using CBSubs, but that has no relation to connections or anything of the sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #180509 by gekko_505
Hm, i think there's a missunderstanding here.

Ok, lemme give an example:
My users have 2 fields in their profile:
- description short
- description full

now the goal is this:
as default users can only see the short descriptions of each other.
But when if a buddyconnection has been succesfully esablished, they can see the full-description -fields of each other.

My question is, if this is settable via CB, maybe with CB+CBSbs ?

U mentionald "privacy" : i cannot find anything about it in CB-api, not in the CBSubs-api, nor can i find anything in that way settable for subscribers via the frontend, especially not that they could controll field-visibility themselves in any way ?! All thet causes me to think that there is a misunderstanding here, so for this i wrote the example above ^^

cheers

12 years 5 months ago #180521 by krileon

My question is, if this is settable via CB, maybe with CB+CBSbs ?

No.

U mentionald "privacy" : i cannot find anything about it in CB-api, not in the CBSubs-api, nor can i find anything in that way settable for subscribers via the frontend, especially not that they could controll field-visibility themselves in any way ?! All thet causes me to think that there is a misunderstanding here, so for this i wrote the example above ^^

It simply put allows your users to select who can see what. It's available for download in the Advanced downloads section.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 months ago #186427 by gekko_505
Hi there.
Thanx for your hint, but it wasnt exactly what i needed.

So, I have now written a plugin that does exactly give that settability to the CB-Managers

It creates the settability to show / hide Community Builder tabs / fields on the condition that profile-visitor is a 'buddy' ( connected member ).

This Community Builder plugin adds a new, applicable condition ' isBuddy? ' on fields and tabs, which allows to show/hide tabs/fields on the condition, that the profile-viewer is a connected member ( aka 'buddy' ) to that respective profile.

Installation is easy via the CB Plugin Installer, just like every other Community Builder plugin.

The plugin is also uploaded to the Joomla Extension Directory.
( Yet has to get approved. Will be at approx 01.01.2012 ).

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/community-builder-extensions/community-builder-profiles/19387

Alternative here:
lab5.ch/blog-stuff/opensource-gnugplv2-scripts.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: pepperstreet

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn