error method move trying to upload profile image

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #208000 by agbkorf
after selecting an image for the profile i get an error message: "Error occurred during the moving of the uploaded file. Method: Move"

In J256 i have set up a system ftp user, so it has every rights in the folders.

edit: if needed i can send you credentials for a superuser in my environment.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #208011 by krileon
Sounds like a permissions issue. Check that images/ and tmp/ folders have correct permissions (755, 775, 777, whichever works). Joomla FTP setup has nothing to do with frontend; it doesn't use FTP on frontend for security purposes (you don't want frontend with unrestricted file permissions).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #208019 by agbkorf
/tmp and /images both allready had 777
Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #208021 by agbkorf
could it be caused by the lack of ImageMagic or NetPBM? G1D1 is also missing.

(i am able to recompile the server using easyapache)
Attachments:

11 years 7 months ago #208037 by krileon
You have GD2 and it's set to GD2 so that shouldn't be an issue. It purely comes down to a permissions problem of some sort, which is preventing the move of the uploaded file from PHP tmp to its destination. Ensure within configuration.php that the tmp directory is properly specified.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 7 months ago #208040 by agbkorf

krileon wrote: You have GD2 and it's set to GD2 so that shouldn't be an issue. It purely comes down to a permissions problem of some sort, which is preventing the move of the uploaded file from PHP tmp to its destination. Ensure within configuration.php that the tmp directory is properly specified.

as stated earlier, bot /tmp and /images are set to 777. A screenshot was attached. What more can i set?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn