Recent Activity Module

11 years 3 months ago #218018 by aristotelita
Recent Activity Module was created by aristotelita
Hello Guys,

I'd like to display the recent activity of all users in my website, but I couldn't find a module to do that. I downloaded Group Jive, but it seems to only show the recent activity under each user profile. What do you recommend me to do?

URL despatriados.com/

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide,
Adriana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #218036 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Recent Activity Module
CB Activity doesn't have a module. It has a recent activity page and the profile tab. To display it in a module you need to use a Joomla wrapper module to load the recent activity page in a module or use CB Content to render the activity tab with a tab substitution. GJ isn't an activity plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 3 months ago #218096 by aristotelita
Replied by aristotelita on topic Re: Recent Activity Module
Thanks Kyle,

Do you know where I can find instructions on how to configure the CB content Module? I searched a lot yesterday, but I couldn't find a step by step explanation. And my knowledge about tab substitutions is ZERO:-)

Thanks again!
Adriana

11 years 3 months ago #218103 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Recent Activity Module

aristotelita wrote: Thanks Kyle,

Do you know where I can find instructions on how to configure the CB content Module? I searched a lot yesterday, but I couldn't find a step by step explanation. And my knowledge about tab substitutions is ZERO:-)

Thanks again!
Adriana

See Kyle's signature - tutorials link.

11 years 3 months ago #218223 by eMarcus
Replied by eMarcus on topic Re: Recent Activity Module
Hi,

I finally made CB Content to show the activity stream in a module. Works exactly as I want it to. However, the width for my module is rather limited (left sidebar) and I was wondering how to make the output more compact. I don't need the avatar picture and speech baloon like layout, I would rather prefer a simpler layout consuming less space.

Is there a way to change that easily ?

Thanks
bye
Marcus.

11 years 3 months ago #218229 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Recent Activity Module
Yes, it's template based so simply edit its template or add a new one with just the file you want to modify at the below location.

components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/templates/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn