Excessive resource use

10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #231626 by unswbsoc
Excessive resource use was created by unswbsoc
Hello,

When a user logs in especially or when any non-trivial cb action is requested, the memory usage spikes from 0 to 140 mb and cpu jumps to 30-40%.

I have disabled all cb plugins other than core and the languages and default template.

What is the next step in troubleshooting?

EDIT:
mem usage went to 240mb by loading the member list

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #231651 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Excessive resource use
How many users do you have? Are you monitoring the memory usage at the bottom of the page with debugging enabled or monitoring within your server panel? Server panel memory usage isn't specific to a page or action, it's just consumption over a time frame. Be sure you're monitoring it with debug mode enabled so you can see what amount of memory the individual page is consuming.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #231654 by unswbsoc
Replied by unswbsoc on topic Excessive resource use
When i turn on debug mode and view the profile i get the following error

500 - JDatabaseMySQLi::query: 1146 - Table 'hahahah_blahblah.lollol_pms' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count(id) FROM ea8q0_pms WHERE recip_id=2732 AND readstate%2=0 AND inbox=1

10 years 8 months ago #231665 by krileon
You've a fatal database query. That's going to eat a good bit of resources it self. Looks like you configured CB for a PMS you don't have. Edit your CB Login module within Joomla > Extensions > Module Manager and ensure "Private Messaging System" is configured correctly or set to "No system installed". Next navigate to CB > Plugin Management and ensure "Private Message System" is properly configured or disabled.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 8 months ago #231697 by unswbsoc
Replied by unswbsoc on topic Excessive resource use
Yea i sorted the pms issue.

When using joomla debug console it shows memory use to be at 60mb on all pages with no spikes for cb pages which is good.

My server monitoring is real time and instantaneous in the sense that I can see mem usage rocket from 0% before i click a link to 100-200 mb after i click a link then back to 0 a few seconds later.

The issue i think is with simultaneous requests. The debug console is telling me i think that each request is taking 60 mb. the server is trying to process multiple requests at once.

Is this an issue because I think my host is being generous to allow so much memory on shared environment.

This is a low traffic site which is why I am confused by the high resource use.

10 years 8 months ago #231718 by krileon

When using joomla debug console it shows memory use to be at 60mb on all pages with no spikes for cb pages which is good.

That seams pretty good as the average for Joomla by it self is around 30mb. Add in CB, CB plugins, etc.. it'll start to climb, but 60mb is ok.

My server monitoring is real time and instantaneous in the sense that I can see mem usage rocket from 0% before i click a link to 100-200 mb after i click a link then back to 0 a few seconds later.

This is pretty normal. Some PHP operators take awhile. It could be a large query executing or a heavy PHP function executing. As long as it's not constant you're typically fine.

Is this an issue because I think my host is being generous to allow so much memory on shared environment.

Yes, it's pretty normal. Aside from that there's nothing more I can advise unless you can specifically pinpoint what function is doing this for you. You'd need to do a full xdebug of your site to see where the resource load is coming from.

This is a low traffic site which is why I am confused by the high resource use.

It's just spike usage. It's normal for large queries or heavy PHP operations. It shouldn't last but a millisecond or less. It's like when you start a program on your computer. You'll see large draw for a very short period while it loads. Same applies to large operations like registering or even logging in. It also depends on various other usages. For example CB Auto Actions, depending on the action and number of actions, can be very heavy.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn