[SOLVED] Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]:

10 years 1 week ago - 10 years 1 week ago #243954 by jimstrong
Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/dev/urandom) is not within the allowed path(s):

I'm getting this error on user registration despite upgrading to Joomla 3.2.2 and CB 1.91 (the server is running PHP 5.3.26) and the user is getting "Incorrect username or password. Please try again."

I have no third party authentication plugins installed (just Authentication - Joomla and Authentication - Cookie)

I can see the advice on the forum is to upgrade Joomla and CB, both of which I've done.

Thanks for your thoughts

Jim Strong

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 1 week ago #243959 by krileon
That error is a login error and you're getting this when attempting to register? Sounds like some sort of bad URL rewriting. If you've any 3rd party SEF extensions installed I suggest disabling them completely and retrying. CB makes use of is_readable to check if a plugins files can even be properly loaded in. You should talk with your host as it looks like open_basedir is set too strictly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 1 week ago #243970 by jimstrong
Replied by jimstrong on topic Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]:
Thanks - I have no 3rd Party SEF installed, so have raised a ticket with the hosting company; will let you know how I get on.

Jim

10 years 1 week ago #244020 by jimstrong
Replied by jimstrong on topic Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]:
Have now resolved this with the hosting company - they were unable do much about the open_baseurl function as we are on a shared sever.

They amended the PasswordHash.php file in a similar way to a link here somewhere and registration is all OK now:-

Added the below code at line 51
======
if (@is_readable('/dev/urandom') &&
======
instead of
======
if (is_readable('/dev/urandom') &&
======

More info here:- github.com/jenssegers/CodeIgniter-Phpass-Library/issues/1

Jim
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon