[#5056] CBSubs Plan mass removal

10 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 months ago #244333 by activha
[#5056] CBSubs Plan mass removal was created by activha
Hello
We have some old plan that we would like to suppress with lots of users on these
Is there a way to mass remove all of these users ?
It is not possible to suppress a plan if there are still users on it

Can you hint ?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 weeks ago #244389 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Plan mass removal
Just disable it within CBSubs > Plans. There is no mass removal feature. I suppose you can try using CBSubs Import to move to a new subscription or resubscribe them to the plan as expired maybe.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257480 by aamet
Replied by aamet on topic CBSubs Plan mass removal
On this same topic...

I have a set of membership plans which users can no longer be subscribed to. All the users are now expired from these plans, but obviously their profiles still show their "expired" membership of the relevant "old" plan(s).

Is is safe to now permanently delete the old plans in this instance? i.e. will the "expired plan" entries be removed from all user profiles correctly?

Thanks.

9 years 3 months ago #257503 by krileon
Unpublish the plan if everyone is expired. I don't think you can delete it since there are subscriber records attached to it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 3 months ago #257962 by aamet
Replied by aamet on topic CBSubs Plan mass removal
OK, but this is not ideal. It means that CBSubs will get less and less tidy with loads of redundant plans. Surely it should be a design consideration to incorporate a "clean up" tool to allow administrators to remove old plans completely. If 15 plans are replaced annually, in 4 years you will have 60 redundant plans sitting around. If you equally have 5000 subscribers, then what you have said means an administrator needs to access 5000 members to unsubscribe them. Would you at least offer an SQL construct to remove these entries from the relevant tables cleanly so that plans can indeed be deleted?

If it is not already a design consideration for Plan maintenance, can you please consider this as well? D

9 years 3 months ago #257990 by krileon
Ideally there should be a way to archive plans. Deleting a plan removes the ability for subscriptions, payments, and baskets to reference it. As it's all attached by a unique id. This means your records become invalid and you can't see those past purchase details, etc.. I've added a feature ticket to see about archiving plans or further discussion of a better clean up method that won't result in the plans being completely lost.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn