CB 2.0 2 issues

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #250189 by KatoKalin
CB 2.0 2 issues was created by KatoKalin
During upgrade testruns I am encountering 2 main problems right now:

1. My Query Check Box (Multiple) does not show up in the frontend userlist search form, just the title. Also the colour in the CB backend field listing, the type color of this field is brown, whatever this may mean.

2. I have mentioned it several times already throughout testing: With CB 1.9.1 when I submitted an empty userlist search form in frontend, it produced a result set that containend all users. When I do an empty userlist search with CB 2.0 it produces 0 users.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago #250256 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB 2.0 2 issues

1. My Query Check Box (Multiple) does not show up in the frontend userlist search form, just the title. Also the colour in the CB backend field listing, the type color of this field is brown, whatever this may mean.

You need to update CB Query Field to latest. Many of our plugins have new releases for CB 2.0.

2. I have mentioned it several times already throughout testing: With CB 1.9.1 when I submitted an empty userlist search form in frontend, it produced a result set that containend all users. When I do an empty userlist search with CB 2.0 it produces 0 users.

We are unable to confirm this. The only reason for that is "Hide Empty Searches" within your userlist under Parameters > Search is set to "Yes" or you may have a field adding to the userlist SQL on search.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #250282 by KatoKalin
Replied by KatoKalin on topic CB 2.0 2 issues

krileon wrote:

You need to update CB Query Field to latest. Many of our plugins have new releases for CB 2.0.

We are unable to confirm this. The only reason for that is "Hide Empty Searches" within your userlist under Parameters > Search is set to "Yes" or you may have a field adding to the userlist SQL on search.

Issue 1 has been resolved by installing the new version of the plugin. But issue 2 persists.
It is weird that it has been working with 1.9.1.

Edit: Weird enough now I am getting "Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed" everytime I click the userlist menu link in frontend.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #250301 by KatoKalin
Finally I might have way to reproduce this issue:
1. Update from Joomla 2.5.27 with CB 1.9.1 to Joomla 3.3.x with CB 2.0 and have some userlists in place
2. After the update the userlist might seem to work but causing the issue I have mentioned.
3. This can be corrected by manually redo the assignment of the list to the correct menuitem.

It seems that during upgrading to CB2.0 the user list URL for the menu item do not get translated correctly.

Also if the lists have a SQL Filter it gets scrambled after the update to Joomla 3.3.6.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #250328 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CB 2.0 2 issues

KatoKalin wrote: Finally I might have way to reproduce this issue:
1. Update from Joomla 2.5.27 with CB 1.9.1 to Joomla 3.3.x with CB 2.0 and have some userlists in place
2. After the update the userlist might seem to work but causing the issue I have mentioned.
3. This can be corrected by manually redo the assignment of the list to the correct menuitem.

It seems that during upgrading to CB2.0 the user list URL for the menu item do not get translated correctly.

Also if the lists have a SQL Filter it gets scrambled after the update to Joomla 3.3.6.

Thank you for your in depth debugging - it really helps us understand better the issue. +1 karma for you ;-)

Wondering if it is in part due to something Joomla is doing during its 2.5->3.x upgrade process that we would need to once again compensate for in our scripts :-(

9 years 6 months ago #250397 by KatoKalin

nant wrote:

KatoKalin wrote: Finally I might have way to reproduce this issue:

Thank you for your in depth debugging - it really helps us understand better the issue. +1 karma for you ;-)

Wondering if it is in part due to something Joomla is doing during its 2.5->3.x upgrade process that we would need to once again compensate for in our scripts :-(

I was wondering about that too. I did not test if this issue will emerge when first upgrading to CB2.0 on Joomla 2.5.27 and then upgrading to Joomla 3.3.x.
Maybe in this order it won´t happen.
But I don´t know if this order is supported by CB?
Is CB2.0 fully compatible with Joomla 2.5.27 so it might be even the better way?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.419 seconds