[SOLVED] Set default value for registration from GET parameter

8 years 7 months ago #269871 by pub
Hello,
thank you for these explanations!
From my side I am looking almost the same thing but going through the Cookies!
How to assign a field (in the user's record), the value of a cookie?
I did not find in the tutorial ...
I tried this with great CB_autoaction:
Trigger: before Register From Display
Action: field = value = myField $ _ COOKIE ["MyCookie"]

It does not work !
Thank you for helping me...

Best regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #269896 by krileon
Cookie access is only available in latest CB Auto Actions nightly. You should be able to access it as follows.

[cookie_mycookie]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #269901 by pub
Thank you !!!

last question !

I wish the person who comes directly to the registration page:

cifexpertise.com/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=registers

sees some fields with a given value via CB_autoaction

What triggers should I use?

I have long tried rgardé videos but I can not!

Thanks for your help !

8 years 7 months ago #269907 by krileon
I've already explained how to do that in this very topic. Please read through the topic carefully. Specifically my reply below.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/227885-solved-set-default-value-for-registration-from-get-parameter?limitstart=0#255911

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 7 months ago #269931 by pub
Sorry !!!! It's true :blush:

All is ok, with
Type: Code
Triggers: onBeforeRegisterFormDisplay
Access: Everybody
Conditional: [cookie_mail_conseiller] Not Empty
Method: jQuery

$( '#cb_monconseiller' ).val('[cookie_mail_conseiller]');
(mail_conseiller is name of my cookie)

THANK YOU .... BUT
when I submitted registration, cb_monconseiller field stay empty !!!!
(although the cookie has appeared at registration in this field !!!!)

an idea ???

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #269948 by krileon
It just sets the value of the field on registration. It should store fine unless you've something else emptying it. For example a field action on the after registration trigger could be emptying it. For the jQuery pre-filled usage to work the field does need to be displayed on registration though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn