Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

• sarkomand
  • sarkomand
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278303 by sarkomand
[SOLVED] ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE was created by sarkomand
Hello.

After installing CB Pro I'm getting in backend after every few clicks a ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error page in Chrome (similar in other browsers).

How can this be fixed?

Joomla! 3.4.8
CB 2.0.13

UPDATE: I can confirm that after uninstalling CB I don't get the error anymore.
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 3 months ago #278307 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
There is no CB Pro. What exactly did you install? Ensure you've installed latest CB 2.x nightly release. If you need to install CB 2.x plugins please refer to the below chart.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

If you run into any errors enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration to expose any errors. Please review the CB 2.0 Primer Book below carefully to get started.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/docman/doc_details/753-cb-20-primer-book-101

Please also ensure your host meets CBs technical requirements.

Joomla 3.3++/2.5+, PHP 5.3.3+, MYSQL 5.1+, cURL must be enabled (including curl_multi_exec).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sarkomand
  • sarkomand
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #278310 by sarkomand
Replied by sarkomand on topic ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
I installed Community Builder Nightly Build at first but I got the message that I should install Community Builder 2.0.13 instead and that's what I did. I didn't know what Nightly Build mean.

After getting the error I installed 2.0.12 and the error seemed to be gone. Now I have reinstalled Nightly Build and I haven't got the error but I still get the "Community Builder version 2.0.13 is available" message on Joomla backend which is kind of annoying.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by sarkomand.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 3 months ago #278330 by krileon

I installed Community Builder Nightly Build at first but I got the message that I should install Community Builder 2.0.13 instead and that's what I did. I didn't know what Nightly Build mean.

After getting the error I installed 2.0.12 and the error seemed to be gone. Now I have reinstalled Nightly Build and I haven't got the error but I still get the "Community Builder version 2.0.13 is available" message on Joomla backend which is kind of annoying.

That message can be ignored. It's a known bug that our XML response for latest release from JP is causing stable nightlies to appear as out of date.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• sarkomand
  • sarkomand
8 years 3 months ago #278458 by sarkomand
Replied by sarkomand on topic ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
Hello.

I'm still getting this error. It comes and goes.

It went away after I installed Nightly Build, then came back when I installed Auto Actions 6.3.4 (I thought this was the latest version, things are hard to find in downloads area), when I updated Auto Actions to 6.3.5 it seemed to go away. Then I installed plug_language_dutch_nl-NL_2.0.13.1.0.2 and didn't get the error, then I installed plug_language_french_fr-FR_2.0.13.1.0.2 and the error was back, then I installed plug_language_french_fr-FR_2.0.13.1.0.1 and all seemed fine, until this morning when the error came back without installing anything.

Server meets all requirements, PHP 5.5.27, MySQL 5.5.31, cURL including curl_multi_exec enabled.

Thanks.

• krileon
  • krileon
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #278544 by krileon
Please ensure you're completely up to date according to the below chart.

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

I don't think ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE has anything to do with what you've installed, but likely a connection issue with your internet. It's thrown when the server responds with no data due to a connection issue. It could also be your host server, but that's typically unlikely (VERY likely if you're using free hosting). Try clearing your browsers cache then see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by krileon.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon