[SOLVED] acceptedterms multilanguage

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279399 by maxus
Hello

How can i set the acceptedterms in a few language. At the moment i set the field with a direct url (link to an article). The problem is that these url is the direct link to the german version, but i have 4 other language on my site. is there a possibility to set the acceptedterms with the other language?

kind regards max

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279438 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic acceptedterms multilanguage
I assume you'd link to the article without the language variable in the URL. Joomla would then translate to whatever language the user is actively viewing in. The URL should begin with index.php and be non-SEF. Alternative is to use text output and supply a language string then translate it in your CB language files.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279456 by maxus
Replied by maxus on topic acceptedterms multilanguage
Hi krileon

that`s perfect for your tip. I had the language variable, now it works.

Thanks a lot
max
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

7 years 1 month ago #291835 by carin
Replied by carin on topic acceptedterms multilanguage
This approach does not work when you have to link to dedicated T&C articles for each language. I suggest a link field for each published language.

CB 2.0

7 years 1 month ago #291861 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic acceptedterms multilanguage
Until registered it's entirely based off the site language, which removing the &lang in the URL will force Joomla to use whatever current language is being displayed. A parameter per language will not be added, sorry. I however can implement support for substitutions where you can try using IF substitutions for language to see if you can condition it that way. This is noted in the below feature ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6426

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn