Kunena - Profile Link broken

7 years 7 months ago #285082 by webtechplus
Kunena - Profile Link broken was created by webtechplus
Good evening,
We have an issue with the link from Kunena linking to CB Profiles, it is diverting back to the home page, we have gone through the plugins like mentioned in the previous posts but the error is still happening.

Its a little bug but its frustrating to find and resolve, as we are unsure if its Kunena or CB...

Thanks for support and feedback
We hope that we can assist you if you need and ask, all the best from the WTP Team

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #285124 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Kunena - Profile Link broken
Kunena version? CB version? Ensure both are completely up to date then within Components > Kunena Forum > Plugins you've "Kunena - Community Builder Integration" enabled. Ensure you've a public and published Joomla menu link to CBs profile page as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286214 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic Kunena - Profile Link broken
I'm having the same problem, Clicking user names from Kunena directs to homepage. It used to link fine before, not sure when this problem started.

Kunena 5.0.1, CB 2.0.15.
Kunena-CB integration enabled
CB profile page published, registered users access ( I changed to public temporally but same result, so I changed back).

Thank you.

7 years 7 months ago #286227 by krileon
Works fine here on Kunena 5.0.0 and works fine on our demo site with Kunena 5.0.1. You can compare your configuration to the demo site if you like. Ensure the Kunena plugin for CB is enabled and properly configured. Next ensure CB Core is public access within CB > Plugin Management (it controls access to all core fields). Next ensure the formatname field is accessible as it's used by public users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #286234 by victoriakim
Replied by victoriakim on topic Kunena - Profile Link broken
I visited CB demo site, at the forum index page, click on the name link "nick" under "suggestion box", then it goes to homepage. Am I doing something wrong?
I checked the items, formatname is published, CB core has public access, Kunena integration to CB is enabled, CB forum is published and public accessed...

****Update
I tested at a develop. site that was created about a month ago with Kunena 5.0.0 installed, and the link to profile worked. Then I updated this site to 5.0.1 and the link is broken now.
From Kunena forum,
"It's a known issue. This fix should solve it. github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/pull/4373/files"

7 years 6 months ago #286280 by krileon
Appears to be a bug in Kunena and have let the Kunena team know. Am able to confirm after upgrading to Kunena 5.0.1 that profile links are not working at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn