How to create a list with sortable columns?

7 years 7 months ago #285833 by nettop
I have a list which includes four columns: Position, low salary, high salary, last updated. I would like to create this list so that a user may sort by any of the four column headings, preferably by just clicking on the column heading name. We have this feature in the User Management, Tab Management, List Management, etc for Community Builder in the backend.

Is there a way to do that using Community Builder lists on the public side? Thanks, Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 7 months ago #285846 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to create a list with sortable columns?
There's no column header sorting functionality for userlists. You'd need to make a new userlist with each sorting preference already configured and they can select from the userlists available using the dropdown. Column sorting will eventually be available, but probably not until we do the userlist rewrite as we plan to rewrite all of the userlist code.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #298645 by nettop
Replied by nettop on topic How to create a list with sortable columns?
Did this functionality ever get added? Thanks, Tim

6 years 5 months ago #298657 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to create a list with sortable columns?
Nope, userlists have not been rewritten yet.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 8 months ago #313904 by rbuelund
Replied by rbuelund on topic How to create a list with sortable columns?
This would be a really nice feature to have on lists.

4 years 7 months ago #314444 by wdburgdorf
Replied by wdburgdorf on topic How to create a list with sortable columns?
Yes, would be totally nice

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn