CB Login redirects to itself

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290258 by vptechnology
CB Login redirects to itself was created by vptechnology
Joomla 3.6.5
CB 2.1.0

- Somehow the pmimassbay.org/forgot-login page is messing things up. It has a form that submits back to itself instead of submitting to the script that actually emails the username. Checking out the source code and searching for "<form " we see POST /forgot-login a couple of time actually. CB appears to be doing something odd

- I traced it to "/....../components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.html.php", line 681 and put a temporary hard-coded fix:

. '<form action="' . $_CB_framework->viewUrl( 'sendNewPass', true, null, 'html', ( checkCBPostIsHTTPS( true ) ? 1 : 0 ) ) . '" method="post" id="adminForm" name="adminForm" class="cb_form form-auto cbValidation">';
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Current line

. '<form action="index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=sendNewPass" method="post" id="adminForm" name="adminForm" class="cb_form form-auto cbValidation">';
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My "fixed" line

Notice that $_CB_framework->viewURL somehow produces itself as the URL instead of what was requested. I wonder if if has something to do with permissions somewhere. Will have to do more research later but needed to take a break...

Any ideas why we're seeing this issue?

CB Auto Actions is not published
Joomla Redirect Component has nothing associated to the issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290286 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Login redirects to itself
The viewUrl usage outputs index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=sendNewPass. So hardcoding that in won't make a difference. The difference is viewUrl will find its menu item and add its Itemid, which is probably where you're having issues. Ensure latest CB build is installed. Next ensure you've valid Joomla menu items to CB. Do not use External menu items unless absolutely necessary (should not be necessary anymore). A public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page is mandatory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn