[SOLVED] [#6453] AntiSpam - recaptcha - cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem unable to get loca

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290317 by cpaschen
I've just upgraded to the latest version of AntiSpam plugin (2016-12-30) and I'm now getting the error:

cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem unable to get local issuer certificate

When I try to use reCaptcaha

It was working prior to the update.

Is there a known problem or a known reason that might cause this to happen?

I've confirmed the reCaptcha keys are installed and accurate (and the domain is valid for this recaptcha key) [It was actually working with these keys last week]

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 3 months ago #290333 by krileon
You need to be able to make outbound HTTPS requests using cURL. Ensure OpenSSL is installed or that php.ini has curl.cainfo properly pathing to your cert. This also could be a temporary problem on Googles end. Nothing was changed in CB AntiSpam in this regard, but there were changes in Guzzle which we use for HTTP requests in CB it self. Guzzle comes with a fallback cert, but it may or may not work depending on server settings.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 3 months ago #290348 by bizguy
Replied by bizguy on topic reCaptcha Errors on 2 websites
I am getting an error on 2 websites now. I have configured Google reCaptcha using the CB Antispam plugin. This is the error I get on registration:

Error

Captcha : cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

The reCaptcha 2.0 checkbox appears correctly and accepts the click, but upon the registration submission, the above error is displayed and the registration fails.

J3.6.5
CB 2.1.1

Any suggestions?

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290356 by mikerotec
Just UPDATED to 2.1.1, now cannot register.

Captcha works - (green checkmark) but then reg fails with this error after submit...

Error Captcha : cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate

WOW, kinda disastrous! Luckily I backed up web & db minutes ago, and was able to roll back quick .

That's what I get for not testing ALL the functions on our DEV server ( Neglected to try signing up a new user, since everything else seemed to be stellar...)

All good after rollback - so it must be something to do with the 2.1.1 update. :S

7 years 3 months ago #290375 by boatswana
I installed cbantispam and now getting this error

Captcha : cURL error 60: Failed to connect to 2607:f8b0:4007:808::2004: Network is unreachable

Any Suggestions

Michael L. Thomas
www.standardized-patient.org

7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #290377 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic reCaptcha Errors on 2 websites
Looks like the fallback certificate in Guzzle, which we updated in CB 2.1.1, may not be working correctly. Do you've OpenSSL enabled? If not please contact your host and have it enabled then retry. To verify the reCaptcha code it has to send an HTTPS request.

Edit: I've merged all these same topics. Folk, please search before posting as it's exhausting having to deal with the same issue in 4+ different topics.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn