Disabling sending of the confirm email

7 years 2 months ago #291728 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic Disabling sending of the confirm email

Are you wanting them even confirmed or are just purely trying to stop the emails?

I want purely trying to stop the welcome emails. The remaining is fine, although the user is active and confirmed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago #291738 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Disabling sending of the confirm email
There's no way to stop it from any of the available triggers. The best I can suggest is to override the language strings and added IF substitution conditions to them to force them empty since CB won't send an empty email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291759 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic Disabling sending of the confirm email
Maybe there was a problem of understanding. I will try to explain better what I want to do.

What I would like is what follows.
In the registration form there is a field (not mandatory). If this field is filled with a predetermined value (numeric or alphanumeric), then the confirmation email and email of successful registration should not be sent.
If the field is not filled or is filled with a different value than the predetermined one, then the standard emails are sent.

Basically, I would create two types of registrations regulated by this field.

7 years 2 months ago #291765 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Disabling sending of the confirm email
You'll need to condition the emails themselves for that. There's no trigger to stop the emails. So for example you could use the below for the Pending/Welcome email body.

[cb:if cb_myfield=""]EMAIL_CONTENTS_HERE[/cb:if]

If the field has a value then no email body will be available which should result in the email being suppressed. You may need to do the same for the subject. Aside from that I don't know what to tell you as again there is no means to stop these emails via trigger.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn