[SOLVED] CB Conditional and Check Box (Multiple) field

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #291706 by AchLive
Hello, I found a bug in cb conditional when a field is set with "other field conditions" to show or hide the "Check Box (Multiple)" fields.
Scenario, I have two fields. Field_1 conditioning display of Field_2

Field_1
Type: radio buttons
Values: Yes / No
CB Conditional field setting
If Field_1 = "Yes" then View Field_2

Field_2
Type: Check Box (Multiple) field
Values: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Field Field_2 is always displayed, and then the condition is not met.
Please check this potential bug on Check Box fields (Multiple) fields
Thanks for the support

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #291713 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional and Check Box (Multiple) field
Set "Translate Value" to "No". True and False are likely converting to 1 and 0. I do not recommend using boolean values. It makes it very hard to determine what you're trying to match.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291720 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic CB Conditional and Check Box (Multiple) field

Set "Translate Value" to "No"

I set to "No"

True and False are likely converting to 1 and 0. I do not recommend using boolean values.

The field is not boolean but a radio button with two text value options "Yes" and "No"

Please try the scenario order to reproduce the problem that I have mentioned.
Thank you

7 years 2 months ago #291722 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Conditional and Check Box (Multiple) field

The field is not boolean but a radio button with two text value options "Yes" and "No"

Yes and No become boolean due to language translations, but since you've translations disabled that shouldn't be the case.

Please try the scenario order to reproduce the problem that I have mentioned.

Works perfectly fine on our demo site below.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

I've configured for the Radio field under CB Conditional tab to show Text field under CB Core Fields Ajax tab if Yes is selected. If the demo site has reset before you've tried it you're welcome to configure your usage there to also check.

Do you have any other conditions on your field? A field can not be conditioned more than once. I also recommend using conditional self over condition others, which really should only be used when conditioning a mass amount of fields for easier configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 2 months ago #291725 by AchLive

Do you have any other conditions on your field?

I'm sorry :( , you were right! Another condition was present on the same field
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn