Question about tab conditioned

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291771 by AchLive
Question about tab conditioned was created by AchLive
I created two Tab (Tab1 - Tab2), in Tab1 have added a field that affects the display of Tab2.
This works
In Tab2 I have a number of conditional fields. Even these conditions work well.
The problem comes when I try to save. In fact it does not save by latching on Tab2 as if there are more fields to be filled.
If blocking the condition in Tab1 then it works all right.
The tab1 Field is not conditioned in any other field.
I doubt arises that you can not condition a Tab that inside has conditional fields?.
Let me know what can be, thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #291776 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Question about tab conditioned
Sorry, not sure I understand completely. You've a field in tab 1 that's conditioning tab 2 and you've fields in tab 2 that are conditioning other fields in tab 2, but when tab 2 is displayed none of its values save? or does only the fields on tab 2 that have conditions not save?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291798 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic Question about tab conditioned
Ok, I think that actually is a bit complex to explain in this way.

First, I am attaching the database to make it quite clear.

We have two tabs: "Impostazioni" and "Volontariato”. The first one has only one field from which depends the second tab. The tab appears if "cb_attiva_volontariato" is set to "Si”.

In conditioned tab we have four "cascade" fields.
cb_campo_volontario_utente_area has only one value. Selecting it, cb_campo_volontario_pet_therapy_attivita_utente appears.
cb_campo_volontario_pet_therapy_attivita_utente has two values: "Conduttore del Cane" which will bring cb_campo_volontario_pet_therapy_tecnico_coadiutore and "Veterinario" which will bring cb_campo_volontario_pet_therapy_veterinario_qualif.

The problem is when you try to save the first time. This is not allowed and an error appears on the tab (such as when there are fields to be filled).

After several tests, I noticed that the problem seems to be in the condition of the tab, more precisely when you select "Si". In fact, if you try to put everything on a tab, it works.
Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #291811 by krileon
Are you conditioning the tab it self or all the fields on the tab using a conditional other? If using conditional other to condition all the fields on the tab it's likely resulting in a double condition. Using the demo site below I've setup for CB Conditional tab to show if ajaxfield1 is equal to test. CB Conditional tab already has several chained fields with required states. This all works perfectly fine and saves perfectly fine. My guess is you've a double condition somewhere.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #291846 by AchLive
Replied by AchLive on topic Question about tab conditioned
Please, can you try with the DB I attached to understand where is the problem?

7 years 1 month ago #291865 by krileon
I do not download user supplied files, sorry. Your issue is likely a conflict in your conditions. Completely remove all conditions then add your tab condition and ensure it's working properly. Once done add a field condition in the tab being conditioned and then ensure it's also working properly. Once confirmed working reconfigure the rest of your conditions. Aside from that you will need to PM backend super administrator login credentials and will review what conditions you've configured, but again it works fine on our demo site and in local tests so is very likely a condition conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn