ACL Manager reset CBSubs access permissions

7 years 1 month ago #292460 by edjec
We’ve been having a problem for some time that in apparent random timing, the ACL permission levels of CBSubs have been reset to Not Allowed with the exception of the SA. Of course, this locks the admins out and they cannot perform their duties. Since the admins only work once a week, it was difficult to determine the cause.

I finally realized that this occurred after I ran ACL Manager and noticed that com_cbsubs was appearing in the orphan assets list. I contacted the developer at ACL Manager and this is his response:

The issue is caused by the very unique setup of Community Builder and CBSubs. In this case they store permissions for CBSubs in the Joomla #__assets table under the name "com_cbsubs". This is fine normally, but CBSubs isn't a component (check administrator/index.php?option=com_cbsubs in your backend).

The diagnostic tool of ACL Manager is checking if all components assets really have an extension reference, so ACL Manager checks for a component com_cbsubs, but can't find it and decides "not installed, so should be removed from the assets table". This is what happens at the moment. The only solution for this is if Joomlapolis stores the assets of CBSubs differently and not under a fake component name. Instead they should use something like com_comprofiler.cbsubs as asset name. I suggest you contact Joomlapolis and report this issue with their ACL implementation.

Is there a solution to this or is resetting the permissions to be part of my routine maintenance?

Thanks,

Ed

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #292478 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic ACL Manager reset CBSubs access permissions
Why is ACL Manager regularly deleting it? Is there no functionality to exclude that asset? Yes, we're aware of the issue though and it's planned to be changed in a later release (we have to add migration for it as well) to com_comprofiler.plugins.cbsubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn