Associated fields

6 years 11 months ago #294279 by tiekubd
Replied by tiekubd on topic Associated fields

I don't really recommend this if your site has a lot of users as you could end up with a dropdown with thousands of options.

Should this be ok for a user table with around 200 - 300 users?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #294285 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Associated fields
I suppose, but that's still 200-300 options to select from for a dropdown. That's a pretty substantial amount.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294286 by tiekubd
Is there a better way to ask the question "who's your best friend" with the site members as your options.

6 years 11 months ago #294293 by krileon
I would just use Connections and provide a Connection Type of Best Friend so they can connect to that user then set their type to Best Friend. Aside from that a standard text field to supply their name manually would probably be fine, which you could then validate it against _users using CB Query Field and its Query Validation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 11 months ago #294296 by tiekubd

I would just use Connections and provide a Connection Type of Best Friend so they can connect to that user then set their type to Best Friend.

Using Connections sounds a good option.

Aside from that a standard text field to supply their name manually would probably be fine, which you could then validate it against _users using CB Query Field and its Query Validation.

Can the text box incorporate auto lookup of user names (when user starts typing)?

6 years 11 months ago #294309 by krileon

Can the text box incorporate auto lookup of user names (when user starts typing)?

No, we've no auto complete functionality at this time.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds