ReCaptcha error in Firefox

6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296475 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic ReCaptcha error in Firefox
Ensure CB and CB AntiSpam are both completely up to date. Beyond that I don't know what more to advise. I've retested it multiple times locally and on our demo site with it working perfectly fine in both scenarios. It is jQuery dependent so if you've a fatal JS error present on the page it will fail to load the captcha. Check your browsers console by pressing F12 then selecting the Console tab followed by refreshing the page to see if there are any fatal errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 8 months ago #296478 by l3g0s
Replied by l3g0s on topic ReCaptcha error in Firefox
Thanks for your advices. I checked everything and I have no idea to solve the problem. I changed method of captcha for registration.

6 years 8 months ago #296479 by l3g0s
Replied by l3g0s on topic ReCaptcha error in Firefox
I used the captcha code (internal) and it does not work on chrome on mobile. The code is always wrong ...

6 years 8 months ago #296481 by LineMine
Replied by LineMine on topic ReCaptcha error in Firefox
Hi
I'm getting updates on this as I started this thread, so I thought I'd just test out what you said about the internal code on Chrome mobile, only to discover that it was rejecting all email addresses on Chrome mobile, so something else to sort out next week. Signing up on a desktop no problem.

You won't get replies at the weekend by the way, but you probably know that already.

I also tested the original problem with Firefox and it is still there, reCaptcha is just really unreliable. I might chance it as it seems quite likely that it is something individual, with my browser installation and yours. I haven't tested it yet on another computer, so I will do that next.
The problem is, getting a good balance between security and ease of sign up. Recapcha is really good, just a tick box, so I would much prefer to use this.

6 years 8 months ago #296492 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic ReCaptcha error in Firefox

I used the captcha code (internal) and it does not work on chrome on mobile. The code is always wrong ...

It's failing because mobile always makes the first characte uppercase. It looks like the captcha comparison is case sensitive and it's not supposed to be. Have added a bug ticket to fix this. Aside from that issue I was not able to confirm this on my phone using Chrome.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6734

This is being fixed immediately for a new build for today.

I also tested the original problem with Firefox and it is still there, reCaptcha is just really unreliable. I might chance it as it seems quite likely that it is something individual, with my browser installation and yours. I haven't tested it yet on another computer, so I will do that next.
The problem is, getting a good balance between security and ease of sign up. Recapcha is really good, just a tick box, so I would much prefer to use this.

I am still not able to confirm any reCaptcha issues with Firefox using CB AntiSpam. Maybe review browser security settings or installed extensions to see if any could be blocking it?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn