[SOLVED] Very strange date comparison in Auto Action

6 years 6 months ago #297903 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Very strange date comparison in Auto Action
Have tested the above dates and server offset with your condition and seams to be working perfectly fine in my tests.

[cb:parse function="date" date-format="m-d" time="false"][cb_birthday][/cb:parse]

The above is always returning the stored 10-05 in my tests with the below always returning current month with current day.

[cb:parse function="date" date-format="m-d" time="false"]now[/cb:parse]

I've no idea why in your case birthday is being offset or by what. Is there an offset applied to the account it self? Edit the users profile within CB > User Management and provide what "Time Zone" is set to.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #297919 by fribse2011
Replied by fribse2011 on topic Very strange date comparison in Auto Action
The users timezone is set to Copenhagen.
It is not a field they have access to themselves, it is on a tab I call 'Hiddenfromusers'.
That tab is set to be only available for a higher level than the users, and it is set to 'Not displayed on profile 1'.
I can create a superuser for you if you wish to look at the settings, and try to replicate them.

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

6 years 6 months ago #297952 by krileon
Within php.ini ensure date.timezone is set to UTC. I'm guessing the PHP date functions default timezone has been altered. I don't see how exactly that could be causing this since our date function ignores that, but i'm out of ideas as I can not confirm your issue. If issue persists after adjusting php.ini please PM backend super administrator login credentials and include steps to duplicate your issue and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298079 by fribse2011
I've attached the php info as show from within Joomla, as i can see it, it is set up correctly.

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

6 years 6 months ago #298191 by krileon
Have reviewed your install and it seams to be working ok now. Was there an update missing before? Below is what I'm seeing in the debug output.

:: Handling 164 :: Betinget 2 fejlede for 75: 07-20 Lig med 10-16

For users 75 their birthday is set to 20-07-1968 so this appears correct. I've checked 8 other users who are also outputting correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: fribse2011

6 years 6 months ago #298280 by fribse2011
No, there were no updates missing before, but updates have come from you since I posted, including Auto Actions updates.
That is very, very strange.
Thankyou for looking into this!

Now I just have the auto action for activity that fails, but I'll open a new thread for that one.

Best regards
Fribse

The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn