Member Email Issues

6 years 6 months ago #298036 by pholcomb
Member Email Issues was created by pholcomb
When a user clicks on "Forgot Login?", then checks "Lost Password", then types in their Username and Email Address, the system says "New User Password created and sent to your email address mpholcom@humbleisd.net. Please check your email (and if needed your spambox too)!"

HOWEVER, the emails are NEVER received (inbox or spam). This is for ALL users.

When I go into Community Builder and send a Mass Email (to the same person), that email is received.

We have returning and new members flooding in, and this is killing our site! Any thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago #298048 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Member Email Issues
It's the same API for sending emails from forgot login as it is for mass mailer and any email within CB. Have they checked their spam folder to see if it went to spam? I've retested forgot login and appears working fine on all my test installs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298051 by pholcomb
Replied by pholcomb on topic Member Email Issues
We have checked Spam folders. ZERO members/users are receiving that email. Even when they Register for an account, NOBODY receives the welcome email.

6 years 6 months ago #298054 by krileon
Check with your host and have them review mail server logs and see why it's failing. CB isn't reporting any mailer errors based off the message displayed to the user so it'd have to be blocked in the mail server for whatever reason.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298296 by pholcomb
Replied by pholcomb on topic Member Email Issues
Question: We use Google email through MX records. Do emails from CB go through that or through a different way because it is on the website? Our hosting provider is saying that they have no way of tracking (or seeing errors) on emails because it doesn't go through their servers.

When we go into CB and directly email a user, it works perfectly fine. It is only through the Registration and Password Recovery sections of CB that we aren't seeing any outgoing emails being received.

6 years 6 months ago #298297 by krileon

Question: We use Google email through MX records. Do emails from CB go through that or through a different way because it is on the website?

They go through whatever settings you've set in Joomlas global configuration for your mail server. If you're using a Joomla plugin to send emails by other means then that will not work with CB.

Our hosting provider is saying that they have no way of tracking (or seeing errors) on emails because it doesn't go through their servers.

Your host is correct and won't be able to help you in that regard then.

When we go into CB and directly email a user, it works perfectly fine. It is only through the Registration and Password Recovery sections of CB that we aren't seeing any outgoing emails being received.

That doesn't really make any sense as all CB emails send through exactly the same API. It's likely that something about those emails is being specifically blocked by your mail server. Try changing the subject and body of the registration emails within CB > Configuration > Registration. Also ensure the From Address on that same tab is valid and from your mail server domain.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds