How to stop Notification Emails when User is set to Banned in Admin?

6 years 6 months ago #298359 by mickelb
Hi, how do I stop the notification email being sent when a user is banned in Admin?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #298367 by krileon
What notification emails? You'll need to be more specific as to what emails they're receiving. Also note a ban is just a profile ban. It doesn't block the account. You need to block the account to prevent logins. Most usages do not check ban status.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 6 months ago #298368 by mickelb
In Admin> Community Builder> User Management if I set a user account to Banned (click on the Banned column X) an email is being sent by the system to the user that has been set to Banned. I want to stop this being sent.

I'm not aware of any other means to Ban a user. I know that CB Antispam can be used to block a user, but that is a different process.

6 years 6 months ago #298370 by krileon
That is just banning their profile. It is not deactivating access to their account. Disable their account for that. In regards to the email the only way to stop it is to translate the subject and body of the email to empty strings, which you can do with our language overrides feature below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mickelb

6 years 6 months ago #298373 by mickelb
I'll give that a go. Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn