[SOLVED] GroupJive Category Group change Frontend problem

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #298715 by asierraserna
Hello guys,

I have been trying out all the new stuff and noticed that in my website partidito.com, migrated CB and GJ, when I change the category from a group from the frontend, the system sets as Category the first category in DB it can find, instead of the one I choose.

To fix the group I used then the backend options. There it works fine.

Are you aware of this issue? perhaps is a problem only in my system?

Keep up the great work!!

Kind regards,

Alejandro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #298758 by krileon
Can't see any reason in code for it to do that unless it was unable to find the category id in the POST data, which implies the POST data is lost or has been modified. Are you able to change the description or name of the group? Does this affect all groups? Works fine in all my local tests as well as tests on our demo site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 4 months ago #300346 by asierraserna
Replied by asierraserna on topic GroupJive Category Group change Frontend problem
Hello,

I think the problem was solved in a update because I cannot reproduce it anymore.

Thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

6 years 3 months ago #300712 by asierraserna
Replied by asierraserna on topic GroupJive Category Group change Frontend problem
Hello!

for some reason my problem is back! :(

I will investigte deeper, since I have some made code, it might be a problem.

To give more idea about the problem, I made migration from CB 1.9 to 2. There I had categories inside categories via the Parent field. That field was deleted in CB 2, so I adjusted my code for this. I created a new table to keep the relationships of Parent/Child categories, and then I build those relationships in a SQL field. That field is not used in the GJ Edit Group form.

I am not touching the CB code at all. I have a CB_CATEGORY field which is a SQL field to build my old Parent Structure of the categories.

Now, that SQL field is working fine. The problem is in the Standard Edit form of groups, in which for some weird reason it is reseting the Category to the first one it finds in Database. :S

Perhaps I have some Index problem after CB and GJ update?

This problem doesn't happen in Backend.

By the way, How can I use the same field used in Backend, but in Frontend? I mean that one with dropdown and search.

Any help would really help!

Alejandro

6 years 3 months ago #300714 by krileon
Did you override any of GJs template files? Within GJ > Configuration > General set Template to default if not already default, save, then retry.

By the way, How can I use the same field used in Backend, but in Frontend? I mean that one with dropdown and search.

What field?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #300854 by asierraserna
Hello Krileon,

Just checked and the template is default. Is it possible it is still the one of CB 1.9, or has old code from it? I could overwrite the template in Partidito.com with the one created from a new installation.

Regarding the field, I mean the Category field in GroupJive backend. It has the dropdown list and additionally, search via AJAX, I believe.

Is it possible to use that kind of field in the Frontend?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn