[SOLVED] GroupJive Category Group change Frontend problem

6 years 3 months ago #300881 by krileon
You mentioned you've added some custom coding. Is that to GJ it self? If so try removing your custom coding and see if issue persists. Aside from that I've no idea. It's a standard HTML select input so I can't see any reason for it to be resetting. Does the category actually change after saving and just redisplays wrong or is it not changing at all?

Just checked and the template is default. Is it possible it is still the one of CB 1.9, or has old code from it? I could overwrite the template in Partidito.com with the one created from a new installation.

Nope, installing latest GJ will always override the default template files with up to date files.

Is it possible to use that kind of field in the Frontend?

No, backend usage is entirely XML driven and our XML for select fields will automatically convert to a select2 usage when there's too many options. Frontend at this time has no such behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301023 by asierraserna
Replied by asierraserna on topic GroupJive Category Group change Frontend problem
Oh man, this is very frustrating...

I complelty rebuid the database and nothing... still the same problem.

The select looks like this, perhaps do you see anything wrong there?
<select name="category" id="category" class="form-control" data-cbtooltip-tooltip="Select the group category. This is the category a group will belong to and decide its navigation path." data-hascbtooltip="true" aria-invalid="false" data-hasqtip="1">
	<option value="0" id="category__cbf0">Uncategorized</option>
	<option value="34" id="category__cbf1" selected="selected">Global</option>
	<option value="49" id="category__cbf2">Bogota</option>
	<option value="52" id="category__cbf3">Belo Horizonte</option>
	<option value="100" id="category__cbf4">Madrid</option>
	<option value="98" id="category__cbf5">Lisboa</option>
	<option value="120" id="category__cbf6">Heidelberg</option>
</select>

I think it looks normal... :dry:

6 years 3 months ago #301025 by asierraserna
Replied by asierraserna on topic GroupJive Category Group change Frontend problem
After some debugging I found that this:
$categoryId							=	$this->input( 'category', null, GetterInterface::INT );

located in private function showGroupEdit( $id, $user )

is somehow "stuck" in one of the caegories. it always get the category 34 for some reason.

6 years 3 months ago #301049 by krileon
If there's a category id present in the URL it will use that id otherwise it'll fallback to whatever category the row has stored. Only reason for it to keep resetting back to 34 is for whatever reason all your URLs contain &category=34.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 2 months ago #301534 by asierraserna

6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #301547 by krileon
Is there a category id specified for whatever menu item is associated with Itemid 364? Aside from that I don't know what to tell you. I see no reason for this beyond something deliberately altering request data to add category to it. Will review redoing how this is handled in next release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7009

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn