CB Gallery field type edit not possible on edit user profile or on user profile

6 years 3 months ago #301086 by mz
Hi,

I am trying to setup CB Gallery as a field, using the gallery type feature. This works ok on the user profile view with user profile logged in.
Now I want to use this field against another field using CB Conditional on the profile view. Hence I will need to access and edit the gallery content using the update/edit the user profile page. I guess it should be possible to enter files/photos in the gallery field if required during registration. I have set the fields to show on profile edit and registration.

Can I do this or am I missing something?

If the field has not been added files a standard comment is published -> “This gallery is currently empty”.

Can I change/edit this comment?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301098 by krileon

Can I do this or am I missing something?

You can not. A gallery field will not work in profile edit or registration.

Can I change/edit this comment?

Yes, as it's a language string you can change it to whatever you like using language overrides shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301278 by mz
1. Gallery edit on registration and edit profile page:
Ok thanks for the answer.

Would there be any other way for the user to perform multiple file attachments allocated to one field? Or is this only possible using CB Gallery?

2. Editing field standard comment:
Thanks, this solved my issue.

Thanks.

6 years 3 months ago #301286 by krileon

Would there be any other way for the user to perform multiple file attachments allocated to one field?

With a file field? Nope.

Or is this only possible using CB Gallery?

Yup, you can upload multiple files at once in CB Gallery.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mz

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn