[SOLVED] CB Progress field to use 2 Factor Authentication enabled as part of completeness

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301142 by BrianLisle
How would I get the CB progress field to include if 2 Factor Authentication is enabled? I require 2FA for my site, users are getting confused because the profile bar says 100%, but they neglect to enable 2FA. So they want to know where their access is, the response is that they didn't enable 2FA, they send back a screen shot of the 100% progress bar...
I don't see any way to select that in the progress field.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301163 by krileon
CB Progress Field can not track the two factor authentication field as it's a Joomla field.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301182 by BrianLisle
Oh well, shame. It would have come in handy... Thanks!

5 years 3 months ago #309962 by f_zoltan
I know it's 1 year too late, but maybe in can help someone else. The progress field itself can not track 2FA, but you can use an additional query field that tracks the progress field completeness and also queries if 2FA is active, adding a second level of profile validation. That's how I solved the same issue. This way you can use the inbuilt 2FA function of Joomla or a third party extension, you just need to identify the field that tracks the activation of 2FA.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn