[#7082] CB language plugin updates not installing properly - Install From Web

6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #302936 by boyjahq
Under the Install From Web tab yesterday I had 2 updates, both CB language plugins. After updating, it still shows that I need to update. Checking the version of installed plugins I can see that they in fact did not update. Today I had 11 plugins to update. After doing Update All, I still have the 2 CB language plugins showing as needing to be updated. Again, checking version of installed plugins I can see that they are not updating.

Also worth noting that, when I check the currently installed CB language plugins, they both show the exact same version number.

2.1.4+build.2018.03.08.19.14.41.a261fdeba

Whereas the version numbers are different for each on the update.

Perhaps related: I also have CBSubs language plugins installed (English and Japanese, same as CB language plugins). When I run CB Tools: Check Core CB database, it shows the following error message:

Warning: 1 entries in Community Builder __comprofiler_plugin are duplicates.
plugin=CB Paid Subscriptions - ja-JP pluginid=596
This one can be fixed by first backing up database then by clicking here.

When I click the repair link, the ja-JP CBSubs plugin is uninstalled. But when I reinstall it with a fresh download, the same kind of error shows up when I check core CB database.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 1 month ago #302995 by krileon
Sounds like the CBSubs language plugin maybe matching against the CB language plugin when attempting to version check. Have added a bug ticket to investigate and see if it can be fixed. Best I can suggest at this time is to simply ignore it. Does it show the CBSubs language plugin version as red (out of date) in CB > Plugin Management?

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7082

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #302997 by boyjahq

krileon wrote: Does it show the CBSubs language plugin version as red (out of date) in CB > Plugin Management?

It does not show red

6 years 1 month ago #303005 by krileon
Strange, thank you for the feedback. Will have to take a look at Install from Web version checking in CB it self. Seams to be an odd mismatch of some kind happening.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 1 month ago #303219 by boyjahq
Similar to other posts, Community Builder updates only lead to error when trying to update under the Install From Web tab. So now there are 3 updates showing as available but installing them does not actually install and they remain showing as Updates. Clicking the Update button from the Joomla control panel downloads the package for manual update. From Install From Web tab it results in the error shown below. And yes, I am logged into Joomlapolis when trying this.

Attachments:

6 years 1 month ago #303226 by krileon
401 Unauthorized response from the HTTP request means the access token is missing or invalid or no package ids were sent with the request. I'm not sure what to suggest as this works perfectly fine in my tests. Does the Download & Update button work for the CB package instead of trying to use Update All as could just be an issue with the Update All URL.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn