[SOLVED] CB Auto actions condition for birthday

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305537 by vanGogh1967
Hello!

I would like to generate an auto action to put a user in a specific usergroup on/after registration.

The condition for this action is the age. In the registration form I ask for the birthday (date-field) which is saved in format "YYYY-MM-DD". I would like to put all user younger than 16 years in a usergroup "teenager".

But how can I declare the condition [cb_birthday] smaller as ???? actual date - 16 years ????

Thank you very much in advance.

Stephen

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305538 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto actions condition for birthday
You'd probably need to combine usage of math and date format functions as documented under the Parameters tab of your auto action to try and accomplish that as you'll have to calculate the age your self. The below might work to give you age in years.

[cb:parse function="math"][cb:parse function="date" date-format="Y" offset="UTC" time="false"]now[/cb:parse] - [cb:parse function="date" date-format="Y" offset="UTC" time="false"][cb_birthday][/cb:parse][/cb:parse] 

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305541 by vanGogh1967
Replied by vanGogh1967 on topic CB Auto actions condition for birthday
Thanx, but I get an error (with debug on).

:: Action 1 :: Conditional 1 failed for user 1047: [cb:parse function="math"][cb:parse function="date" date-format="Y" offset="UTC" time="false"]now[/cb:parse] - [cb:parse function="date" date-format="Y" offset="UTC" time="false"]2002-07-23[/cb:parse][/cb:parse] Kleiner als 16

Stephen

5 years 10 months ago #305542 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Auto actions condition for birthday
Ensure you've the "Format" checkbox for that condition checked.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 10 months ago #305543 by vanGogh1967
Replied by vanGogh1967 on topic CB Auto actions condition for birthday
of course - that was the problem

for everybody: this works perfectly for me:

[cb:parse function="time" time="+16 YEAR"][cb_birthday][/cb:parse] greater [cb:parse function="time"]now[/cb:parse]

This lets the action run, if user is not 16 years old today.

Thx for your support, that was my first auto action rule, and with your help, I understood a little bit, how it works.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 2.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn