[SOLVED] Best method to change Joomla User Group when a Select Field is saved?

5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #305558 by ThePiston
I've got a Select Field with options and when one is selected I need to not only change a user group but delete one as well first.

These are the options in the CB select field:
{
Northern
Southern
Eastern
Western
}

I will need to run this query when the Profile is saved in order to delete the current User Group in question (only 4 options represented by 23,24,33,34)
DELETE IGNORE FROM `#__user_usergroup_map` 
WHERE `#__user_usergroup_map`.`user_id` = [USER_ID]
AND `#__user_usergroup_map`.`group_id` IN (23,24,33,34)

and also run this query afterwards, but I need to set the CB field options = to actual user group values somehow like this:
data= {
northern: 003;
western: 004;
eastern: 005;
western: 006;
}
INSERT IGNORE INTO `jos_user_usergroup_map` (`user_id`, `group_id`) VALUES ('[USER_ID]', 'OPTION_SELECTED');

Would this be something the CB Query field can do or maybe CB Auto Actions?

Thank you

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 10 months ago #305588 by krileon
You can do that using CB Auto Actions. Check out the tutorial below to get started.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/291-cb-auto-actions/tutorials/18237-cb-auto-actions-assigning-usergroup-based-on-cb-field-value

CB Auto Actions can Add, Remove, Replace, and even Create usergroups using its Usergroup action.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThePiston

4 years 11 months ago #312382 by ThePiston
that sounds easier. If I want to allow multiple actions based on a multi-select field, would I need to add one AA per choice or can it all be done in one AA? From what I am reading, it looks like I have to create an AA for each choice in the multi-select field, correct?

Choice 1 -> Assign Joomla Group 1
Choice 2 -> Assign Joomla Group 2
Choice 3 -> Assign Joomla Group 3
Choice 4 -> Assign Joomla Group 4
Choice 5 -> Assign Joomla Group 5
Choice 6 -> Assign Joomla Group 6
Choice 7 -> Assign Joomla Group 7
Choice 8 -> Assign Joomla Group 8
Choice 9 -> Assign Joomla Group 9
Choice 10 -> Assign Joomla Group 1
Choice 11 -> Assign Joomla Group 11

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

4 years 11 months ago #312392 by krileon

that sounds easier. If I want to allow multiple actions based on a multi-select field, would I need to add one AA per choice or can it all be done in one AA? From what I am reading, it looks like I have to create an AA for each choice in the multi-select field, correct?

You would need an auto action per choice, which is perfectly fine to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn