auto action for set field when change group

5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #306041 by saman2
hi
i want set field value to 1 when admin edit the usergroup of group to G1.
for example if admin go to user profile from backend in community builder>user managment and then set the usergroup to G1 , then field A = 1 and if remove that user from G1, then set field A = 0 .
1-how to do that? i use batch tools to change the bulk usergroups of my users.for example set usergroup for 100 user.
look at my pic please, when i use this way i need to 2 time simply save for set field A. (also i use query type of auro action and field not work for me...)
2-why CB not have "add to" in batch tools?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 9 months ago #306043 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic auto action for set field when change group

1-how to do that? i use batch tools to change the bulk usergroups of my users.for example set usergroup for 100 user.
look at my pic please, when i use this way i need to 2 time simply save for set field A. (also i use query type of auro action and field not work for me...)

I've no idea what event Joomla fires when using the batch tool to add usergroups. You don't need a Query action for this though. Simply use a Field action if you're just changing a fields value. As for conditions you should only need the following.

Has Usergroup:
[cb:if usergroup includes "USERGROUP_ID"]PASS[/cb:if] Equal To PASS

Does Not Have Usergroup:
[cb:if usergroup !includes "USERGROUP_ID"]PASS[/cb:if] Equal To PASS

2-why CB not have "add to" in batch tools?

Because it was never implemented. I don't really know how to answer that question.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306046 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic auto action for set field when change group
i use setting that show in attached picture.is it right?
i want when my user is in group 177, set field to 1 else set to 0.
Attachments:

5 years 9 months ago #306047 by krileon
Set Translate Value to No. There's no reason to run a value of 1 or 0 through language parsing. Then just remove your conditions and yes that should work fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 9 months ago #306048 by saman2
Replied by saman2 on topic auto action for set field when change group
is there anyway in CB to do some thing such as "add to" group ?
if i want select users from different usergroup and assign one group to all of them what need to do via CB? for example i have 1000 user (in real more that 6000 user) and want to assign one more group to 500 user of my 1000 but 50 user has a G1 and 100 user have G1 and G2 and 70 users have G3 and... (G is their usergroup)

5 years 9 months ago #306061 by krileon

is there anyway in CB to do some thing such as "add to" group ?

In CB > User Management? No, use the bath usergroup tool there will replace their usergroups with those selected. You can safely use Joomlas bath tool for this in Users > Manage.

if i want select users from different usergroup and assign one group to all of them what need to do via CB? for example i have 1000 user (in real more that 6000 user) and want to assign one more group to 500 user of my 1000 but 50 user has a G1 and 100 user have G1 and G2 and 70 users have G3 and... (G is their usergroup)

There's no functionality for that in CB > User Management. You can filter the list of users down to a specific usergroup then batch replace their usergroup, but you can't batch add to their usergroups or batch remove a specific usergroup.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn