Reward points and exchanging them

5 years 8 months ago #306927 by e-volve
Reward points and exchanging them was created by e-volve
Hi,

I see that with auto actions a point reward system can be built.

Are the following point rewards also possible?
- When a user registration is complete?
- When a user places a review (Jlex Review component)?
- Invites a contact?
- Share on Facebook/Twitter/WhatsApp?

And than the most important feature: Can a user exchange his or her points for discount on a product/service via an external component?
For example: 100 user/reward points can be exchanged for 10% discount on a cup of coffee (voucher).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago #306941 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Reward points and exchanging them

- When a user registration is complete?

There's a trigger for registrations so yes I suppose.

- When a user places a review (Jlex Review component)?
- Invites a contact?

CB Auto Actions can act on Joomla events using its Joomla system plugin so as long as your 3rd party extension has a Joomla event for that then yes.

- Share on Facebook/Twitter/WhatsApp?

No, that'd require a Joomla extension to utilize those 3rd party APIs to scan for a user actually doing that. If you have such an extension AND it fires a Joomla event then yes, but I'm guessing it's unlikely such an extension exists.

And than the most important feature: Can a user exchange his or her points for discount on a product/service via an external component?
For example: 100 user/reward points can be exchanged for 10% discount on a cup of coffee (voucher).

No idea. Would depend entirely on how you store points and how your external component utilizes them. For example if you use a Points field in CB you could use that in CBSubs with CBSubs Promotions to add discounts to subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 6 months ago #308015 by Jack_Daniels
Replied by Jack_Daniels on topic Reward points and exchanging them

- Invites a contact?

CB Auto Actions can act on Joomla events using its Joomla system plugin so as long as your 3rd party extension has a Joomla event for that then yes.

Hi,

I would like to reward the user for invite someone over "CB Invites".

Important:
Only if the user has confirmed the registration by e-mail

Is it possible? Which Triggers can I use? And how do I configure it?

Thanks a lot

5 years 6 months ago #308018 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Reward points and exchanging them
The invites_onAfterAcceptInvite trigger is fired when an invite has been accepted. For that trigger var1 is the invite object and var2 is the user accepting the invite. So for your auto action you probably need something like the below.

Triggers: invites_onAfterAcceptInvite
User: Manually
User Variable: Variable 1

This should ensure your action will apply to the user who sent to invite. If not give the below a try.

Triggers: invites_onAfterAcceptInvite
User: Specific
User IDs: [var1_user_id]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn