PM system.. small bug report, and feature suggestion

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308458 by mikerotec
I discovered that if you have sent a user a message from the supplied backend Admin Panel, it does land in their box, and they get a notification for it. But they are unable to open or respond to it... ( the class makes a link cursor appear, but there is really no link there)

Aside from that, I find the UI ergonomics of that panel are a bit difficult.

The actual message link (message text) is an inconspicuous light grey, and yet the username is bold and blue and highlighted in such a way that your cursor is drawn to it like a moth to a flame! So I find myself bringing up the user's profile, rather than the message content.
I suggest that the message content link should be Underlined, and/or highlighted with a background color, so that it is more obvious that you should click there to read the message (after all, that's the primary purpose of the panel - to deliver the message...)

And I notice that the message content link is also hooked to the red/green 'online status' symbol - which I find a bit counter-intuitive ( If anything a link there should go to the user profile...)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308465 by krileon

I discovered that if you have sent a user a message from the supplied backend Admin Panel, it does land in their box, and they get a notification for it. But they are unable to open or respond to it... ( the class makes a link cursor appear, but there is really no link there)

Just click anywhere in its row, except for an existing link (e.g. the username), and it will open. If it doesn't you've a fatal JS error on your page breaking its jQuery. Press F12 to open your browser console then switch to the console tab. Now refresh the page and look for any fatal JS errors (they'll typically be red).

Have added a feature ticket to improve the UX of navigating to a message.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/7342

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308482 by mikerotec
Sadly I can't check this now... had to roll this DEV server back to the previous version :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn