CB Privacy

5 years 5 months ago #308463 by goromiloslav
CB Privacy was created by goromiloslav
Question.
How do I set the privacy of a CB user's profile (I use CB Privacy) so that the user profile is displayed only to the REGISTERED group if set Configuration [CB Core] - User Profile - Profile View Access Level: Public,
and the user has his profile set to: Profile Privacy : Users.
I need to use the view of all user profiles as public and if the user profile is set to USERS (REGISTERED) to display the full details of the user profile only to registered users.

I have set up Configuration [CB Core] - User Profile - Profile View Access Level: Public, and the user profile of one particular user set to : Profile Privacy : Users, but CB shows all the user profile information publicly. Why is it like that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308468 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Privacy

I have set up Configuration [CB Core] - User Profile - Profile View Access Level: Public, and the user profile of one particular user set to : Profile Privacy : Users, but CB shows all the user profile information publicly. Why is it like that?

If their Profile Privacy is set to Users then only registered users should be able to reach their profile. That's all Profile Privacy blocks is direct profile access. If you want it to block information outside of the profile you need to edit the Profile Privacy field and select Tabs/Fields for it to also protect. If a public user can still reach the users profile then you might have a moderator permission issue. Ensure Moderator View Access Level within CB > Configuration > Moderation is set strictly. Additionally ensure Profile Privacy field it self is set to display on profile edit or registration otherwise it won't bother to check profile privacy.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308488 by goromiloslav
Replied by goromiloslav on topic CB Privacy
"If their Profile Privacy is set to Users then only registered users should be able to reach their profile" IS NOT WORKING even though the user has a profile set to USERS or PRIVATE...CB shows profile public. CB Privacy it only works correctly with Tabs/Fields.
If I set it up the fields to protected fields they are protected. Fields work correctly. That's fine. But if I want to block the user profile by setting my PRIVATE, or USERS - profile to the user, it does not work. CB shows profile public. Why? What am I doing wrong? Or do not understand the proper functionality of CB Privacy?

5 years 5 months ago #308497 by krileon
The Profile Privacy field will not work unless it is set to display on Profile Edit or Registration. It will not check its value for access. Be sure it's set to display on one or the other. If it is not and you are setting privacy in backend for the Profile Privacy field it will do nothing. If still not working please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308514 by goromiloslav
Replied by goromiloslav on topic CB Privacy
Thank you, but I do not know what to do. I'm sending you in PM login.

5 years 5 months ago #308517 by krileon
Have reviewed your install. As explained above the "Profile Privacy" field must be set to display on Profile Edit or Registration. You have it set to display on neither. In this case it will do nothing. I've now configured it to display on Profile Edit then under Integrations > CB Privacy configured it to be moderator edit only. Profile Privacy is working fine now.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds