[SOLVED] Using CB Private Messaging

5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #308485 by autobahn
[SOLVED] Using CB Private Messaging was created by autobahn
This is probably an idiot's question...

Does a PM have to be sent via the recipient's profile?

Our members can't see each other's profiles; it's part of our Privacy Policy and only admins can see them in the front-end. They currently send PMs via our phpBB forum. We want to implement Kunena instead of phpBB but PMs are important which is why I was so pleased about CB Private Messaging.

I need to find a way of facilitating PMs (and searching for the recipient's username) without exposing the profile data on the front end to the general membership, but having it still available to admins.

Thanks ( I appreciate that it may not be possible!)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 5 months ago #308496 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Using CB Private Messaging

Does a PM have to be sent via the recipient's profile?

Nope, you can create a Joomla menu item to your messages page. Create a Joomla menu item with menu type of Community Builder > Plugin then for Plugin select Private Message System.

I need to find a way of facilitating PMs (and searching for the recipient's username) without exposing the profile data on the front end to the general membership, but having it still available to admins.

It has no username searching feature. It will provide a dropdown to select from users you're connected to, if using connections in CB, to quickly message someone. Aside from that they would need to know the users username, but they do not need to have access to their profile to message them.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 5 months ago #308499 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Using CB Private Messaging
Thank you :) I'll find a way to handle the user lookup.

Great support, as always :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant, krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn