[SOLVED] How to enable privacy

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309840 by timstohr
[SOLVED] How to enable privacy was created by timstohr
Hey Kyle,
I have not understood how to enable the GDPR stuff from Joomla in conjunction with CB. Is there anything to activate or do I just use the Joomla privacy plugin and set up everything in Joomla?

Would be great to get some help as I have litterally no clue how it works.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #309854 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to enable privacy
You can use Joomlas privacy plugin, which will display the privacy terms field on CB registration and redirect login to accept the privacy policy if they haven't yet. There's nothing to configure for this beyond the Joomla privacy plugin.

The alternative is to just use Terms and Condition fields in CB. Set them as required and displayed on registration and profile edit. Next within CBs system plugin enable verify consent. This will behave the same as Joomlas privacy usage but entirely controlled by CB and works with as many terms and condition fields as you need.

As for user export and user delete simply use those endpoints included with Joomlas privacy suite. User export will automatically include their profile data. User delete will delete their CB profile when their Joomla profile is deleted. You can also use CB Privacy to allow users to delete themselves, which next release should have the option for them to export themselves as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #309855 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to enable privacy
Yep that sounds cool! The problem is that I do not know what you mean with CBs system plugin.
Where can I find it? In Plugins inside Joomla? What is it called? Or within CB menu "Plugins"?

5 years 3 months ago #309862 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How to enable privacy
CBs system plugin can be found in Extensions > Plugins. Filter the list down to system plugins. It should be named "Community Builder System plugin".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 years 3 months ago #310043 by timstohr
Replied by timstohr on topic How to enable privacy
Solved.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn