User Manager can edit other user profiles

5 years 3 months ago #309965 by arkadoo
Hi!!
I have a question. I tried to solve by myself but nothing..
So.
I should create an user (that has backend access) able to edit and other users profile, to change name and other informations
so I created for him a Joomla Group named GROUP-A
Other users belong to group GROUP-B.
Users in GROUP-A are not Super Admin neither administrators.
They inherit by Public group. After this, I created an ACL named ACL-A and included the group GROUP-A
In CB users Management I set permissions for GROUP-A to create, delete, edit, and access to Administrative Interface
In CB Options I set Moderator Access Level to ACL-A.
Well, If users of GROUP-A try to edit an user of GROUP-B, a message says : You cannot edit a 'GROUP-B' user. Only users with a elevated privilege can do this.
Sorry for my english, I have CB in Italian so I traslated this message

What is the correct procedure to give to an user the rights to modify profiles of other users?? (Not admins obviously)
Thanks
Alberto

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 3 months ago #310000 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Manager can edit other user profiles

They inherit by Public group.

I do not recommend doing this. Public has no inherit permissions. This means you have to configure all permissions from the ground up starting in Joomla. I suggest making your usergroup a child group of Administrator which already has administrator login permissions and interface access then adjust permissions to from there for an easier configuration. The alternative has make your new usergroups child groups of Registered then give them additional permissions and you will need to start with Joomla permissions in Joomla global configuration so they can login to backend. CB has a check to prevent a user from editing a user with permissions higher than them and is what you're running into with your current setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn