Displaying "alias" field in email sent by Auto Action.

5 years 1 month ago #311220 by MMDoege
Objective: Auto Action sends email with link back to user who has updated an CB Gallery Item.

What I cant't get displayed with HTML is the "alias" field - either with reason="list" or "profile".
"alias" is set to public and published to profile and rendered in profile and is clickable (for testing).
Email output is set to "HTML".
That's what Auto Action sends to receiver:

Member Name: USP4CB USP4CB
User ID: 255
Date & Time: 2019-03-15 11:20:11
Link: [cb:userfield field="alias" user="255" reason="profile" /]

User is identified correctly and inserted into substitution.
Even "Link: [alias]" does not do the job.

In addition "lastupdatedate" field shown above does NOT reflect the correct date/time when CB Gallery gets an upload, delete or edit of item(s).
This field just displays the date/time of another (last) update this user has on a regular field but not the CB Gallery field in question.
So this is somewhat useless in this specific case, I'm afraid.

What is wrong with simple code?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 years 1 month ago #311228 by krileon
The alias field isn't meant to be used like that. Substitute in the formatname field with a reason of list for it to be linked or just use the URL substitution usage documented in the below tutorial.

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/279-community-builder/tutorials/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb

In addition "lastupdatedate" field shown above does NOT reflect the correct date/time when CB Gallery gets an upload, delete or edit of item(s).

If you used [FIELD_NAME] then you're outputting the raw database stored value, which is always in UTC. If you want it to be offset then you need to use the HTML output substitution as documented in the above tutorial. That field shows when the user last updated their profile via profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MMDoege

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn