[SOLVED] Redirect after login problem

4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #312379 by autobahn
[SOLVED] Redirect after login problem was created by autobahn
Joomla 3.9.5
CB 2.4.1

After successful login using the CB Login module users are shown a page which basically says 'Welcome to the Members Area', the URL for which is specified as the Redirection on Login URL in the CB Login module. This should apply to all the user groups despite different menus being displayed for each group. However, one user group is getting a different page displayed, a CB List of all users in a category. This list is one of the menu items on the user group's own menu.

We want to unpublish this list, and remove the menu item but I can't find out how to do this without generating either a 403 error or a 'This list does not exist' message in its place. I think this particular menu was originally set up to show the list as default when the user logged in, rather than a landing page for the menu.

We only have one CB Login module and the Joomla Login module is unpublished.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #312391 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Redirect after login problem
Ensure your login redirect URL is non-SEF and begins with index.php. If you're trying to redirect them to CBs profile page then ensure CBs profile menu item is public and published. Note public and published Joomla menu item to CBs profile page is mandatory; it is used as CBs base Itemid for most of its URLs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 11 months ago #312398 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Redirect after login problem
Everything is set up correctly - and everything works as expected for all the other users/user groups. They all land on the Welcome Members page which is an Article and display their appropriate menu. This is the Article referenced in the CB Login Module redirection URL.

Only this one user group lands on a different page which is a CB Userlist - even if I assign it to a different menu. This userlist is a menu item only on this user group's menu. It used to be the default menu item/page for members of the user group when we still used the Joomla login.

I have even tried deleting the offending user group's dedicated menu and its menu module as well as the userlist but the result is the same.

Tomorrow I will create a new user group, move all the users to this new user group, create a new menu and module for the new user group (without the userlist on the menu) and see what the outcome is.

Thank you for your time - it's appreciated, as always.

4 years 11 months ago #312403 by autobahn
Replied by autobahn on topic Redirect after login problem
I have solved it :) The problem lay with the Plan settings and had nothing to do with the menus. In the workflows for the relevant Plan the URL for every login was set to display the userlist page instead of being blank as it should have been. Only by setting up a new plan and a new member in this user group (which worked as required) was I able to pinpoint that it must be something in the actual Plan that was causing the problem.

I have been able to unpublish the list and remove it from the menu for this user group which was the original requirement. I am grateful for your help, as it made me look very closely at *everything*!

Thank you :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn