Problem with CB email validation

4 years 9 months ago #313183 by soportemarketing
Problem with CB email validation was created by soportemarketing
Hello:

I've tried to enable email field validator in simple mode, and It seems to work in most emails, but there are some domains like @icloud.com, @mail.com, from we have real users, that are messaged as "incorrect", and I don't know why. MX verifier says that there are MX registers and that users have verified their accounts before with no problem.

What is the problem?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago #313189 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with CB email validation
It's entirely up to the email domain if they decide to respond to the MX record request from your site or not. For this reason that validation is non-blocking. It will not stop registrations so users can just continue with registration. I honestly don't recommend using any form of validation for email address beyond "is this formatted like a valid email address" as validation beyond that isn't typically useful.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313205 by soportemarketing
Replied by soportemarketing on topic Problem with CB email validation
Then, We'll do that. And REGEX for email format validation and some forbidden strings to prevent from typing mistakes (hotmaii.com, gamil.com... and so on).

Thanks, krileon.

4 years 9 months ago #313211 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem with CB email validation
Email format validation is handled automatically if it's an Email Address fieldtype. So all you should need to do is add the forbidden words you're wanting.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn