CB gallery auto enable

4 years 9 months ago #313268 by BlountyNG
CB gallery auto enable was created by BlountyNG
I am trying to find some setting mentioned in another post for CB gallery but am struggling to find there location.

'Means you should configure your CB Gallery Tab with following settings:

Gallery Automatically enabled = No
Allow User to Enable: No'

Any help locating these settings would be apreciated, I have checked the gallery tab but am having no luck.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #313270 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB gallery auto enable
Those are parameters from the old Profile Gallery plugin and don't exist in CB Gallery. CB Gallery is already enabled assuming you've published its plugin in CB > Plugin Management. Users can not disable their galleries unless you implement such a usecase using CB Conditionals to conditionally hide the gallery tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313272 by BlountyNG
Replied by BlountyNG on topic CB gallery auto enable
What would be the best way to only allow certain users to have a gallery, which is available to view by any member with/without gallery?

4 years 9 months ago #313277 by krileon
Install CB Gallery then enable it within CB > Plugin Management. That's all you need to do. By default it works out of the box to provide profile galleries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 9 months ago #313278 by BlountyNG
Replied by BlountyNG on topic CB gallery auto enable
Sorry about that, may have worded the question wrong. I have Galleries enabled currently for everyone.

I am now trying to only allow certain users to actually have and use them to upload. While everyone else can only view what the allowed members have uploaded.

4 years 9 months ago #313286 by krileon
Edit the Gallery tab within CB > Tab Management and under Parameters > Albums/Photos/Videos/Files/Music > Create adjust the Access parameter as needed. You can limit create access on a view access level basis.

If you need gallery display to be controlled on some sort of condition basis (e.g. based off the value of a field) you'll need to install CB Conditional and edit the Gallery tab in CB > Tab Management then under Integrations > CB Conditional configure your conditions as needed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn