[SOLVED] Customize Web Safe Fonts in Community Builder Welcome Email

4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #314160 by ABLCSociety1
Hi there,

Is there a way to override the fonts being used in the CB welcome email? I don't see anywhere on the Registration tab nor in the CB default template to control this. It appears the outputted HTML has no styling at all, it just uses the default browser web fonts.

I tried to override by wrapping the entire registration email with a div and adding in the font styling:
screencast.com/t/41g4LE07

The system appears to save this CSS, but it doesn't show in the outputted email:
screencast.com/t/6xMcYTW18

Thanks for your guidance on this.

Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 7 months ago #314161 by krileon
GMail won't allow non-native font families. So with that in mind your CSS should ideally work. However you applied it to the Pending email. Your second screenshot is of the Welcome email. Try adding it to both and retry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314164 by ABLCSociety1
Ah, my mistake, I added to the body and it worked, thank you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

4 years 7 months ago #314218 by ABLCSociety1
One related question on this, can I change the font used in the disclaimer notification here?
screencast.com/t/NJwTUtwz2eTx

Thanks again for your assistance.

4 years 7 months ago #314220 by krileon
Yes, that's the EMAIL_NOTE_AUTOMATIC_GENERATION language string which you can override using language overrides shown below then customize to be whatever you like.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 years 7 months ago #314226 by ABLCSociety1
Ah, perfect, thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.484 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn