registration codes

4 years 1 month ago #316410 by kommid
registration codes was created by kommid
For a customer who make regular events I must create a simple website, where users can register for the event. My customer wants do distribute several hundred flyers, each with a unique regstration code and only people, who have such a registration code are allowed to register on the site. After registration, a code will become invalid, so each code can be used only once.
Since I've never seen anything like this for joomla, my first thought was, it may be possible with CB. Is this possible to accomplish with Community Builder?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #316414 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic registration codes
CB Invites can be used for that. One installed and published configure its invite_code field within CV > Field Management to be required and displayed on registration. Now users will only be able to register if they've a valid invite code. Invite codes are typically send vial email address, but I guess you could create invites to fake email addresses or internal email addresses then just distribute the invite codes (all are visible in backend invites management). I suppose even technically you could create the invites directly in the database bypassing any email behavior entirely and allows you to set the invite codes to whatever you want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kommid

4 years 1 month ago #316425 by kommid
Replied by kommid on topic registration codes
Thank you Kyle,
I'll have a look into this.
Best Regards
Markus

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds